Saturday 21 May 2011

.... A Tinsy Confession...

Hello there, sorry it has been so long.  I have been beavering away on a thesis that MUST be done within the next month and trying not to get distracted by craftiness and the other lovelier things life offers, but I am not sure I have done too well with that.
So I mentioned a tinsy confession so I had better get it over and done with.  Thank you very much for the entries to the little wool wound dollies.  I actually had seven entries in the end, but two people asked me no to put them on my website as they were embarrassed (heaven knows why they were beautiful!).  I saved all the pictures and then got into a complete muddle!  I couldn't remember who's was who's and which to upload and which to not! One day, when I work out which is which I will post them.  The good news is that the book went to Emily and her Mummy and I hope they have lots of lots of fun making things together.  Sorry for all the confusion.
 

 Now I said I was trying not to be distracted by craft and loveliness and I really did try, honest!!  But it was a friends 40th birthday and I really didn't know what to buy him.  He loves music and records, but specific ones.  I did discover a record I thought he would like, but I had to pre-order it and it wasn't released until after his birthday.  So I made him a quilted cushion voucher!  It was such fun to make, but a bit naughty too!

Now I mentioned pre-ordering a record for a friend.  It was for the Leisure Society , a great Acoustic / Folk / Fantastic Band whom I also love ans so I ordered a copy for me too! In doing so I won two tickets to their album launch at the London Aquarium.  There were ten winners and the gig was tiny.  It was a beautiful and mystical venue with beautiful and at times haunting music with sharks coasting around behind the band.  A night my friend and I will remember for ever.  I met this chap too and as you can imagine, for me it made my night just perfect!


Right I think that will do for a first page in ages, I think I need to ease my way back into this blogging business.  I have lots of tortoise pics to share with you, but I think I will keep you is suspense! LOL
Enjoy your weekends!!

1 comment:

  1. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my friends check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!
    Thanks,
    Olive Ridley Sea turtle

    ReplyDelete

:0)